Consequence Management Framework
Does your organisation struggle to handle and manage inappropriate behaviour in the workplace in a professional and consistent manner?
Developing a Consequence Management Framework for your organisation solves this age old issue by implementing world’s best practice.
A Consequence Management Framework takes a risk-based approach to guide people leaders through the processes required when they witness or have reported to them inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Organisations implement a Consequence Management Framework based off existing Code of Conduct and policies as well as the expectations set by the organisation of all employees.
The CMF guides the people leader through:
- The triage process regarding the behaviour and provides a clear guide for what action they need to take.
- It sets out the process they need to follow and what support is available to them in managing the behaviour.
- The CMF sets out what their reporting requirements are to effectively manage the behaviour including how to determine and apply appropriate and consistent sanctions.
The development of a CMF for any organisation significantly simplifies the management of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace and allows people managers to consistently, assess, manage, and investigate inappropriate behaviours in the workplace in a fair, transparent and consistent manner.
A CMF seeks to ensure that the processes for managing complaints and inappropriate behaviour in the workplace and the consequences applied for the inappropriate behaviour is:
- Fair, appropriate and proportionate to the conduct concerned and that individual circumstances and other relevant factors are considered;
- Considers the relevant legislative, policy and regulatory requirements in the various jurisdictions that the organisation operates in;
- Transparent and applied consistently and support people leaders to achieve the right outcomes; and
- Provides support and guidance for people leaders and support functions in the organisation to fairly and reasonably manage inappropriate conduct in the workplace.