Independent, impartial investigations into complaints about inappropriate behaviour at work
If these issues are not addressed, they may result in continuing workplace problems and unnecessary costs to the employer. Employee morale may suffer, which could lead to increased absenteeism and WorkCover claims.
Few managers are experienced at investigating workplace complaints. Others have insufficient time to handle complex, emotional cases on top of their existing workload. In addition, if the investigation is run by an employee of the organisation, there is a risk of perceived bias towards either the complainant or the accused employee.
Outsourcing workplace investigations to an independent specialist is a practical, efficient and cost-effective option.
External workplace investigators conduct an independent, impartial investigation into formal complaints about bullying, harassment, discrimination, fraud or unethical behaviour at work, and make findings of fact. They can also make comments on any apparent breaches of policy, and recommend post-investigation support strategies for you to adopt moving forward.
Engaging an experienced, independent, external workplace investigator will help you:
- address the complaint in a timely and transparent manner
- deliver procedural fairness for all parties
- ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory frameworks
- reduce the risk of any disciplinary action taken as a result of the investigation being overturned
- avoid distracting managers from their core responsibilities
- minimise confusion and distraction of staff
- be confident that you have reliable facts and can make defensible decisions.