Jodie Fox is passionate about helping people and organisations manage workplace conflict in a productive way. An experienced employment lawyer, she specialises in workplace investigations, workplace reviews and mediations to address and resolve complaints and foster a positive workplace culture.
Jodie keenly understands the need to resolve workplace issues by taking into account strategic, risk, contextual and policy factors. This comes from her extensive experience in employment law and industrial relations, including advising on unfair dismissals, equal opportunity, enterprise agreements, employment policy and litigation.
She has extensive experience in:
– running investigations into employee misconduct;
-mediation and facilitating discussion around workplace conflict;
– disciplinary review panels and appeal panels under the provisions of enterprise agreements;
– reviewing and writing employment policies;
– planning, implementing and managing transformative change to workplace structure; and
– industrial relations, including planning negotiation strategy, drafting enterprise agreements,
– negotiating with unions and employee representatives and supporting clients through the voting and approval process.
Jodie has 10 years’ experience as an employment lawyer at a top- tier law firm, including working in-house in workplace relations. Her clients included government departments and agencies, retail businesses, energy companies, employer associations, manufacturers and mines.
Working previously at the Department of Employment, Workplace Relations and Small Business (DEWRSB), Jodie appreciates the policy and regulatory aspects of employers’ management of workplace behaviour. She has drafted legislation, represented the Minister for Workplace Relations intervening in cases of significance and developed employment policies for the Australian Public Service. Whilst employed in the Higher Education Sector, Jodie negotiated enterprise agreements and managed redundancies.