Triage! Handling Complaints at an Early Stage
What is a ‘real’ complaint? How do I tell whether it is serious or not? How do I manage the complainant’s expectations? The earlier a complaint is recognised and assessed, the faster it will be resolved. Learn to draw the line between office gossip and a genuine complaint quickly and effectively, including all of the steps required to have an informed conversation about the employee’s concerns.
- What is a ‘complaint’?
- Hearing the employee’s concerns: How, where, what questions to ask, how to document the conversation
- Giving advice and referrals
- What is your role? Coach, mediator, advisor, judge…?
- The spectrum of risk and seriousness
- Escalation: Applying formal options
This course has been designed for:
- Risk, compliance and HR Managers
- In-house counsel
- Contact officers
1 ½ hours
Our standard in-house training half day rate applies to run this course at your premises for up to 20 people. Please note, depending on your requirements and location, additional charges may also apply.
Book Your In-House Training Course
To book this in-house training course or discuss your training needs, please simply contact us now!