Whether you are an HR professional, manager or compliance officer, you may need to conduct an in-house workplace investigation in the future, or already have conducted one. This practical course gives you the knowledge and skills needed to conduct an effective, fair and legally sound workplace investigation.
Part 1 – Understanding the process
• Hallmarks of a good process (procedural fairness)
• When to investigate
• Setting up and scoping the investigation
• From complaint to allegations
• Who can investigate?
• Who can participate?
• Planning and timing
• Communicating with the parties
Part 2 – Gathering and analysing the
• Collecting evidence, selecting witnesses
• Planning interviews
• Interview techniques
• Analysing the evidence
• Making findings of fact and deciding on breach of policy
• Common issues that arise
• Report writing
• Documentation and Record keeping.
Each participant will also receive a complimentary copy of Worklogic’s book Workplace Investigations.